Zur allg. Erheiterung!

hier darf über Gott und die Welt und alles was das Hobby betrifft offen geredet werden

Zur allg. Erheiterung!

Beitragvon Ike Godsey » Mo 4. Mär 2013, 15:19

wenn amerikanische oder französische oder sonstige nicht britische truppen, milizen oder bürgerwehren mal einen über den durst getrunken haben, kommt sowas immer dann besonders gut, wenn am nachbartischt ein paar rotröcke (oder auch grüne...) sitzen...

The King's Own Regulars
(to be chanted, not sung, in a religious fashion)

Since you all will have singing, and won't be said nay, I cannot refuse, when you so beg and pray; So, I'll sing you a song, -- as a body may say, 'Tis of the King's Regulars, who ne'er run away.

O the old Soldiers of the King, and the King's own Regulars. (bitte nach jeder strophe einfügen!)

At Prestonpans we met with some Rebels one day, We marshall'd our selves all in comely array; Our hearts were all stout, and bid our legs stay, But our feet were wrong-headed, and took us away.

At Falkirk we resolv'd to be braver, And recover some credit by better behaviour: We would not acknowledge feet had done us any favour, So feet swore they would stand, but ------ legs ran however.

No troops perform better than we at reviews, We march and we wheel, and whatever you chuse, George would see how we fight, and we never refuse, There we all fight with courage -- you may see't in the news.

To Mohongahela with fifes and with drums, We march'd in fine order, with cannon and bombs, That great expedition cost infinite sums; But a few irregulars cut us all into crumbs.

It was not fair to shoot at us from behind trees, If they had stood open, as they ought, before our great guns, we should have beat 'em with ease, They may fight with one another that way if they please, But it is not regular to stand, and fight with such rascals as these.

At Fort George and Oswego, to our great reputation, We shew'd our vast skill in fortification; The French fir'd three guns; of the fourth they had no occasion; For we gave up those forts -- not thro' fear, but -- mere persuasion.

To Ticonderoga we went in a passion, Swearing to be revenged on the whole French nation; But we soon turn'd tail, without hesitation, Because they fought behind trees, -- which is not the regular fashion.

Lord Loudun, he was a regular General, they say; With a great regular army he went his way, Against Louisburgh, to make it his prey, But return'd -- without seeing it, -- for he did not feel bold that day.

Grown proud at reviews, great George had no rest, Each Grandsire, he had heard, a rebellion supprest. He wish'd a rebellion, look'd round and saw none, So resolv'd a rebellion to make -- of his own, (With the)

The Yankees he bravely pitch'd on, because he thought they wou'd'n't fight, And so he sent us over to take away their right; But lest they should spoil our review-clothes, he cry'd braver and louder; For God's sake, brother Kings, don't sell the cowards -- any powder!

Our General with his council of war did advise How at Lexington we might the Yankees surprise; We march'd -- and remarch'd -- all surpris'd -- at being beat; And so our wise General's plan of surprise -- was complete.

For fifteen miles they follow'd and pelted us, we scarce had time to pull a trigger. But did you ever know a retreat perform'd with more vigour? For we did it in two hours, which sav'd us from perdition; 'Twas not in going out, but in returning, consisted our EXPEDITION.

Says our General, "We were forc'd to take to our arms in our own defence," (For arms read legs, and it will be both truth and sense) Lord Percy (says he) I must say something of him in civility, And that is -- "I can never enough praise him for his great -- agility."

Of their firing from behind fences he makes a great pother, Every fence has two sides, they made use of one, and we only forgot to use the other; That we turn'd our backs and ran away so fast, don't let that disgrace us; 'Twas only to make good what Sandwich said, that the Yankees -- could not face us.

As they could not get before us, how could they look us in the face? We took care they shouldn't, by scampering away apace. That they had not much to brag of, is a very plain case; For if they beat us in the fight, we beat them -- in the race.

O the old Soldiers of the King, and the King's own Regulars.
O the old Soldiers of the King, and the King's own Regulars.
Ike Godsey
1000er
1000er

von Anzeige » Mo 4. Mär 2013, 15:19

Anzeige

Yankee Doodle

Beitragvon Ike Godsey » Mo 4. Mär 2013, 15:30

Yankee Doodle

Father and I went down to camp, Along with Captain Goodwin,
And there we saw the men and boys, As thick as hasty pudding;

Chorus:
Yankee Doodle keep it up, Yankee Doodle Dandy,
Mind the music and the step, And with the girls be handy.

And there was Gen'ral Washington, Upon a snow white Charger,
He looked as big as all out doors, Some thought he was was much larger.

The flaming ribbons in his hat, They look'd so taring fine ah,
I wanted pockily to get, To give to my Jemimah.

And there was Col'nel Putnam too, Drest in his regimentals,
I guess as how the British King, Can't whip our Continentals

And there we seed a swampin’ gun, Big as a log of maple,
They tied it to a wooden cart, A load for Father's cattle.

And ev'ry time they fir'd it off, It took a horn of powder,
It made a noise like Father's gun, Only a nation louder.

I went as near to it myself, As any body dare go,
And Father went as near again, I thought he dar'nt do so.

Cousin Simon grew so bold, I thought he would have cock'd it;
It scar'd me so I shriek'd it off, And hung by father's pocket.

And there I see a pumpkin shell, As big as mother's bason,
And every time they touch'd it off, They scamper'd like the nation.

And there I see'd a little keg, All bound around with leather,
They beat it with two little sticks, To call the men together.

And there they fif'd away like fun, And play'd on cornstalk fiddles,
And some had ribbins round their hats, And some around their middles.

But I can't tell you half I see'd, They kept up such a smother,
I took my hat off, made a bow, And scamper'd home to Mother.
Ike Godsey
1000er
1000er

Re: Zur allg. Erheiterung!

Beitragvon Capt. de`Winter » Mo 4. Mär 2013, 20:00

Oh Ike,
ich der eigentlich zu der Generation gehöre, die nur einen Plattenspieler oder Kassettenrecorder als musikalische Glanzleistungen abspielen können, muss mir nun im Taktgefühl der englisch-deutsch Übersetzung den melodischen Takt abnötigen.----das ist grausam---und anstrengend--- :evil: :? :evil:
Niklaas de`Winter
God save the King!

"Niemand wird als Weiser geboren, sondern er wird es."
Seneca
Capt. de`Winter
600er
600er

Re: Zur allg. Erheiterung!

Beitragvon Ike Godsey » Mo 4. Mär 2013, 20:20

:lol: :lol: :lol: ja ja - diese briten! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ike Godsey
1000er